- Inaugural FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup season starts at Sachsenring
- Six races on four tracks in 2019
- DHL delivers the series as Offical Logistics Partner
The electric motor has even found its way into motorcycle racing. The FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup will stage its world premiere at the HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland and line up alongside MotoGP™, Moto2 and Moto3. DHL is also on board as Official Logistics Partner to the new series.
The field for the 2019 FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup:
- Ajo MotoE: Niki Tuuli
- Avintia Esponsorama Racing: Xavier Simeon / Eric Granado
- Dynavolt Intact GP: Jesko Raffin
- EG 0,0 Marc VDS: Mike Di Meglio
- Join Contract Pons 40: Sete Gibernau
- LCR E-Team: Randy De Puniet / Niccolo Canepa
- OCTO Pramac MotoE: Alex De Angelis / Josh HookOne Energy Racing: Bradley Smith
- Ongetta SIC58 Squadra Corse: Mattia Casadei
- Openbank Angel Nieto Team: Maria Herrera / Nicolas Terol
- Tech 3 E-racing: Hector Garzo / Kenny Foray
- TRENTINO Gresini MotoE: Matteo Ferrari / Lorenzo Savadori
Riders in the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup will race on single standardized machines from Italian manufacturer, Energica. The electric motor of the Ego Corsa racing bikes produces over 160 bhp and can accelerate the motorcycles from 0 to 100 km/h in less than 2.8 seconds. Top speed is over 270 kph.
The 2019 FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup will be contested over four race weekends. The HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland at the Sachsenring will be the first event followed by the myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich.
One race per weekend will be held at each of these two meetings. Rounds three and four will be staged under the banner of the Gran Premio Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini. The finale with Races 5 and 6 will take place during the Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana.
The race calendar of the 2019 FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup:
- Race 1: HJC Helmets Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland (July 5 - 7)
- Race 2: myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich (August 9 - 11)
- Races 3 & 4: Gran Premio Octo di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini (September 13-15)
- Races 5 & 6: Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana (November 15 - 17)
The Sachsenring and Red Bull Ring race weekends of the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup will consist of two practice sessions on Friday, one E-Pole qualifying on Saturday and the race itself on Sunday. There will also be two additional races, one at Misano and another in Valencia.