DHL’s global Match Ball Delivery program has given 48 lucky children the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to deliver the official match ball onto the field at a Rugby World Cup 2019™ match.
Among those selected is 10-year-old Eiki Yamamura from Tokyo, whose match ball delivery will be particularly notable as it takes place during the opening match of the tournament – Japan vs Russia on Friday 20th September at Tokyo Stadium.
1. When did you start playing rugby?
At the age of five. I started playing because my father likes sports and it was way for us spend time together.
"I like rugby because it teaches you about camaraderie, discipline and being responsible."Eiki Yamamura
2. What do you like about playing rugby?
I like rugby because it teaches you about camaraderie, discipline and being responsible.
3. What’s your favourite position?
My favourite position is scrum half because they get a lot of opportunity to touch the ball.
4. Who is your favourite player and why?
TJ Perenara of New Zealand because he is good at tackling players much larger than himself.
5. How did you feel when you heard you had been selected to carry an official match ball onto the pitch at RWC2019?
I was so happy at the time although I’m sure I will be nervous when I’m carrying the ball onto the field. I will try my best though as I will be representing my club and everyone who didn’t get this incredible opportunity.
6. Who do you think will win RWC2019 and why?
I think New Zealand will win because every player is very strong.